Sport SA has been working on the 2018 State Election Strategy and Sport SA's CEO Jan Sutherland has provided information in our meetings, publications and forums regarding the identified issues.
In addition Sport SA members have provided valuable insights into the infrastructure priorities of your organisations, your position in relation to the Commonwealth Games bid by Adelaide and the issues which you are facing as you deliver sporting opportunities in SA.
The March 2018 Election is fast approaching and we are seeking your support in ensuring that sport is recognised of great significance and value to the South Australian community. There is little doubt that as a collective voice we can influence the parties to achieve excellent outcomes for sport and hence enable SA to be a more active, healthier community through sport.
We will be seeking all political parties to acknowledge the value, contribution of sport and expanding role by reducing the rising costs of providing sustainable, cost effective sport to be available for everyone, anywhere at all times with support of these policy priorities.
Currently we are in the lead up phase of the advocacy campaign and I am providing an update to you as our members. The member engagement is well underway and the social media strategy is planned with the details to you in the near future.
The following three priorities with the measurable and deliverable outcome as stated, will be presented with detailed supporting challenges to be provided in the fact sheet which will be distributed to all interested parties.
2018 State Election Strategy Priorities
An ongoing budgetary commitment of increased investment in sport and recreation infrastructure with state wide strategic facility planning and development for community sport including facilitating access to community and school facilities.
Costs for Sport
Reduction of the costs, fees and tax for sporting organisations and clubs with rebates for all sporting organisations supported by all government agencies.
Direct support to enable sporting organisations to facilitate opportunities for everyone to be involved in sport.
Your support is essential in achieving our advocacy plan outcomes for sport and we are asking you as State sporting organisations, key sporting organisations and stakeholders in community sport to assist with the following elements in the strategy campaign at key dates (to be finalised):
- Members of Sport SA & our community - Demonstration of the collective voice of sport and the strength of the sporting community with your members and stakeholders together to everyone.
- Make our case for increased support of sport and addressing of the issues / challenges in the priorities as presented.
- Media support & comments advocating for all sport
- Correspond with your community & also local politicians / candidates
- Publications with the Sport SA advocacy campaign information & specific to your sport / local community
- Social Media Campaign (release date to be determined). Share on your social media and grow key messages, including Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Development of a Social Wall and updating with regular posts.
- Blog from your Champions, President & CEOs
- Attend a Meeting of Politicians & Sport with questions re: addressing these priorities.
Thank you for your contribution in the preliminary and preparation of this 2018 State Election advocacy campaign. Your information, advice and discussions are essential in the development and delivery. Our research has underpinned this work and as you are well aware 870,000 South Australians participate in sport and recreation and over 150,000 volunteers with our 10,000 in the paid workforce make sport happen all over our state.
Please contact me if you would like to discuss anything further and we look forward to achieving outstanding wins for sport in March 2018 for the future of community sport in SA.
Chief Executive Officer